Altering perception using hypnosis actually results in brain changes that literally reduce the pain perception instead of altering the response to pain. By simply changing the wording of ones hypnosis instruction from “You will feel a cool and tingling numbness more than pain” to “You will be aware of touch but the pain will not bother you” there is an alteration in the brain location of analgesia from the somatosensory cortex to the anterior cingulated gyrus. With hypnosis alteration of color perception there is a result of bi-directional change in blood flow in the protions of the visual cortex that process color. What happens, is that, blood flow in this region increases when color is imagined ranther than seen and blood flow in this region decreases when color is drained by the use of hypnosis imagination. It appears that there is an actual neurophysiologally going on and that leads to the reality that hypnosis is a powerful tool to alter the perception of anxiey, tension and pain.
OUR BODY AND MIND IS ONE
- Name:Seth-Deborah Roth
- Certified Medical Hypnotherapist, Master NLP Practitioner, Faculty Member National Guild of Hypnosis, Instructor of Medical Hypnosis at The Hypnotherapy Center, Results Coach, Advanced Reiki, Memeber of the Order of Braid of National Guild of Hypnotists
Seth-Deborah has an extensive medical background being a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist and Registered Nurse. She found hypnosis to be an effective way to communicate with the mind/body connection and an effective compliment to clinical medicine. She has appeared on the Discovery Channel's "MythBusters" segment on hypnosis. She teaches the medical applications of hypnosis.She is a member of the National Board of Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists
- Hypnotic Reflections
- Weightless Hypnosis
- Brian David Phillips
- What's On My Brain
- Hypnosis Directory
- E Cigarettes Don't Stop Smoking Habit
- New Hypnosis for Sleep App that Let's You Choose Y...
- Hypnosis for Anticipatory Nausea in Children with ...
- Hypnosis and Chronic Pain
- UCSF's Integrative Medicine Network annual Fall El...
- Hypnosis for Cancer Treatment Support
- Received the 2013 Charles Tebbetts award from the ...
- Hypnosis Research for Embryo Transfer
- "Transformation of Pain With Hypnosis Course"
- Hypnosis for Medical Issues