Hypnosis influences the workings of our brain and the compounds or “neurotransmitters” we then put out. There is a study that was performed with patients who learned relaxation skills. The researchers checked the subjects’ monoamine oxidase levels-( monoamine oxidase is what metabolizes serotonin, our feeling good chemical, a pain relief chemical) and found changes in those levels consistent with what you would expect with preventive drug therapy! The results of this study suggesed that, it is not only just a matter of feeling relaxed that’s important but actually learning relaxation therapies so as to turn off and on certain pain pathways in the nervous system by changing those monoamine oxidase levels which consequently change the serotonin levels.
OUR BODY AND MIND IS ONE
- Name:Seth-Deborah Roth
- Certified Medical Hypnotherapist, Master NLP Practitioner, Faculty Member National Guild of Hypnosis, Instructor of Medical Hypnosis at The Hypnotherapy Center, Results Coach, Advanced Reiki, Memeber of the Order of Braid of National Guild of Hypnotists
Seth-Deborah has an extensive medical background being a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist and Registered Nurse. She found hypnosis to be an effective way to communicate with the mind/body connection and an effective compliment to clinical medicine. She has appeared on the Discovery Channel's "MythBusters" segment on hypnosis. She teaches the medical applications of hypnosis.She is a member of the National Board of Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists
- Hypnotic Reflections
- Weightless Hypnosis
- Brian David Phillips
- What's On My Brain
- Hypnosis Directory
- E Cigarettes Don't Stop Smoking Habit
- New Hypnosis for Sleep App that Let's You Choose Y...
- Hypnosis for Anticipatory Nausea in Children with ...
- Hypnosis and Chronic Pain
- UCSF's Integrative Medicine Network annual Fall El...
- Hypnosis for Cancer Treatment Support
- Received the 2013 Charles Tebbetts award from the ...
- Hypnosis Research for Embryo Transfer
- "Transformation of Pain With Hypnosis Course"
- Hypnosis for Medical Issues